The objective of this workshop is to gain insights about user’s context, problem, behavior, habits and strategies. Give students 1 hour for preparation and 3 to 10 hours for execution. This will give them just a glimpse into the real user research that usually takes weeks or even months.
How to approach it?
- Explain to the students why user research is so important.
- Have a workshop where they structure their research (what method* will they use, participants, questions).
- Make them test their questions on colleagues from other groups.
- Revise the questions with the help of mentors, based on the test (3.).
- Execute the research method.
- Present what you’ve learned from the users.
*There are various user research methods that can be used:
Users should be reached in person, alternatively via skype or phone.