Improve group dynamics.
Socialising is important, to break the ice mentors should choose one or more ice-breaking exercises. There are some great games out there to loosen up the situation.
A great source of such exercises:
Example of such exercise:
Say something embarrassing about yourself
- Each student writes something unusual about him/her self on a peace of paper, folds that paper and puts it in a box in the middle of the room.
- The papers should be shuffled.
- Each student than takes one of the papers (not his own) from the box.
- Moderator says “start now” …
- Each student has to find the owner of the paper in his hands by going around the room and socialize.
- After he finds the owner of the paper, he puts the paper back in the box, takes the next paper and so on.
- After 10 minutes, the moderator checks who in the room has made the most friends.